Cultural diversity is a concept of bringing together people who belong to different social, economic groups. These groups are brought together to work in a single community. There can be seen many examples of this kind of diversity. It makes sure that all these people are tied in a close knot and working together in harmony and peace.
The benefits of cultural
Cultural surely has a huge number of benefits if looked upon carefully. Culture really helps to shape up people and gives them a proper definition. It surely provides influence identity and behavior to the people. It represents the interests and influences of people along with their own views along with the values, beliefs and material objects that are inherited from one generation to the other one.
Basic differences in the culturally diverse groups are based on the following basis.
- Socio-economic status
- Sexual orientation
All of this point basically becomes the basis of division in the population.
Principles of cultural diversity
The cultural diversity surely has some of the basic principles that define the course of working of them and how they are brought together to work together.
- Recognization of different groups as well as various groups in spite of the diversity that they uphold.
- Respect for all the different groups as well as the differences that separate them.
- Acknowledgment of the existence of different groups and their validity as well. Also to accept their contributions and cultural expressions.
- Knowing the value of what all the other cultures have in store to offer.
- Encouragement for the contribution given by all the other groups and appreciating them for the same.
- Celebrating the bond that you people have formed despite the differences rather than just tolerating the differences because of any kind of compulsion.
- Empowering different group of people to improve themselves and providing the strength to achieve the potential they are meant for.
Other than every other benefit that cultural diversity has to offer. It is also able to provide companies with a lot of economic benefits like the innovation and ideas that can be received from different groups of people. Also, a diverse team can prove to be excellent for the marketing and promotion purposes of the product.